OUR STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT TO EACH OTHER – CHURCHES
We, as a church, believe God has called us to join Table Fellowship Churches. We recognize that our church is an independent body of believers and is accountable to God for our beliefs and practices, yet we desire to express a unity in the greater body of Christ by connecting with like-minded churches. In order for us to walk together we understand the need for a common Statement of Faith and a common understanding of governance. To this end, we make the following commitments:
1. Statement of Faith Our church accepts and affirms Table Fellowship’s Statement of Faith
2. Common Concerns Our church accepts and affirms Table Fellowship’s Common Concerns.
3. Our church will protect the unity of Table Fellowship a) By acting in love toward other member churches b) By refusing to gossip c) By following the leaders
4. Our church will share the responsibility of Table Fellowship a) By actively supporting and joining in the various activities of Table Fellowship b) By supporting our Sr. Pastor (or his alternate) in his role in Table Fellowship c) By praying for its ministry and growth d) By inviting other churches to join us e) By giving regularly
5. Statement Regarding Termination of Membership Our church understands that any church within Table Fellowship which practices or affirms a doctrine or conduct that, in the judgment of the Elders’ Table, is opposed to the teaching of the Word of God, or is contrary to the statements within the Statement of Faith, or is threatening to the testimony of Table Fellowship, or is divisive to Table Fellowship, shall be subject to removal from Table Fellowship.
6. Statement of Final Authority on Matters of Faith and Conduct in Table Fellowship Our church understands that the Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of the beliefs of Table Fellowship. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. Our church understands that, for purposes of Table Fellowship’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Elders’ Table is Table Fellowship’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Our church, (your church name could be here), has reviewed the statements above with a representative of the Elders’ Table and agrees to be governed by all the provisions herein.